The elegant green-gold organic avocado is a treasury of vitamins, minerals and natural oils. Vitamins A, C, E, iron, potassium, niacin, pantothenic acid, essential oils, fatty acids, lecithin, beta-carotene, protein and other natural emollients. And guess what – NO cholesterol.
The organic avocado oil has many cosmetic benefits:
– It’s high levels of sterolins makes it incredibly effective for reducing age spots and heal damaged skin and scar tissues.
– The oil and nurtrients helps to soften the skin and imparts a superior moisturizing effect making it ideal for use for people with dry, mature or dehydrated skin.
– The great effectiveness of avocado oil is its ability to enter into the skin’s deeper layers to achieve a deep nourishing, regenerating and rejuvenating effect.
– It’s great for treatment of eczema and psoriasis
– Avocado pulp was used as a hair pomade to stimulate hair growth. Its oil is still used today in several hair and cosmetic products. Filled with 25 essential oils, including Vitamin E—a perfect hair treatment to hydrant and gives the hair shine and body. Try Burt’s Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment or John Masters Organics Lavender & Avocado Conditioner
Now that you are aware of the benefits of avocado, it’s time to get into action and start playing around with your own homemade avocado skin care recipes.
When selecting your organic avocado for your homemade products, it’s important to choose fully ripe ones to receive the maximum skin potency benefits. To test that your avocados are fully ripe, simply press on the outer layer of the skin and if it is soft and gluey, then it’s really for skin care use.
The avocado like any other organic matter, is perishable and I recommend making it fresh and using it only once only to get the most potent effect. Here are some avocado skin care recipes to help you get started. Once you get the hang of it, get creative and mash up a storm.
Organic Avocado Eye Cream
One of the easiest recipes to combine. All you need to do is mash up the avocado and apply it under and around your eyes. It effectively removes any puffiness around the eyes in only 15 – 20 minutes. You’ll really be amazed at the magical results.
Organic Avocado Moisturizer
Don’t discard out your avocado skin. The inside of the avocado peel is very valuable containing a gold mine of precious skin care oils. Gently strokes the inside layer of the avocado skin along your face and allow the oil to sit there for 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing off. Try Burts Bees Carrot Nutritive Night Cream
Avocado Facial Cleanser
Beat the yolk of an egg until it is light and frothy, add a half cup of milk and the mashed half of a ripe peeled avocado. Blend until you have a thin cream or lotion-like consistency. Use it as you would with a normal cleansing product. Since the formula is perishable, we suggest making it for 1 – 2 uses only and storing in the refrigerator between use.
Organic Avocado Hydrating Mask
Beat the yolk of an egg until it is light and frothy, then add the mashed pulp of a half avocado, blending it well. For those suffering from oily skin, squeeze a quarter of a lemon to the mix and mix it with a little milk or oatmeal. Cleanse your face thoroughly, then spread the avocado mixture over the face and neck relax for 20 – 25 minutes before rinsing. The result should be a marked improvement in skin texture, and all-around revitalizing.
The results from all of these treatments should leave your skin noticeably softer and smoother.
|Related Skin Care Articles|