The beauty god became angry with the way girls were abusing their bodies and how false misleading advertising were causing girls to have low self esteem. The beauty god have seen enough and appointed “Mossee, the chosen one” to save the girls from the bondage of rapid aging and to lead the girls to the fountain of youth.
In her quest, Mossee needed guidance. So she climbed up to the top of Mount Hollywood to seek enlightenment from the beauty god. “How do I lead my people to the promise land where the fountain of youth is” Mossee asked. With 2 flashes of lightening bolts the beauty god engraved on the stone tablets ten beauty commandments which Mossee and her people must follow in their journey to a more youthful and healthy lifestyle.
The beauty god commanded “Thou Shalt Not:”
1. Sunbath – don’t expose yourself to ultra violet rays for long periods of time. Constant bathing can lead to premature aging, wrinkling, rough, saggy skin, discolored skin and skin cancer. 90% of the damage that occurs to the skin is from the ultraviolet rays. 50% of this damage occurs before the age of twenty.
2. Smoke – As well as the potential health concerns, smoking can really take a toll on your skin. Cigarette smoke produces four thousand beauty busting chemical compounds when tobacco burns! Also the nicotine in cigarettes constricts blood vessels and deprives your cells of oxygen and nutrients.
3. believe an anti-aging product can completely erase wrinkles – there is not one anti-aging product in the market that can completely erase wrinkles. FULL STOP!
4. use harsh chemical products on your skin – harsh chemicals strip your skin of natural essential oils as well as cause irritation, clogged pores and allergies. Generally you would like to stay away from products containing parabens, SLS, TEA, mineral oils……. and other proven harmful substances. A natural organic skin care product is much more gentle to your skin.
5. believe that expensive products are automatically more superior than inexpensive ones: sometimes they are, but most often they are just rich in chemicals, and advertising. Whether the product is natural, organic, or chemicals, find the product that works for your skin. Don’t be fooled by the price tag. The cost of advertising, fancy packaging and marketing are added to the price of the product. You sometimes are paying for the prestige, but not necessarily paying for the quality.
6. drink excessive amounts of alcohol, caffeinated beverage or sugary drinks. – like thou shall not commit adultery, it’s exciting and it feels good when you are in the action of performing the act. But what you carry with it is a lot of guilt because you are doing enormous harm to your beauty in the long term just like it does enormous harm to your family in the long term if you commit adultery.
7. loss your self esteem by looking at pictures of models and celebrities in magazines and believe that you will look the same. – inches of makeup are applied to models. Magazine photos are edited to perfection by photoshop software to create a flawless image which cannot be duplicated in reality (perfection can never be achieved in reality). Confidence is the most beautiful asset for any lady. Let your confidence shine through.
8. go to sleep with your makeup – don’t be lazy, let your skin breath and clean off the blockage from your face before retiring to bed. If you wear your makeup regularly to bed, you will notice a lot of fine lines developing. Since the eyes around your eyes are alot thinner than other body parts (approx 0.5mm), make double the effort to erase any mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner…… etc before sleeping. Going to bed with your makeup on can age your skin up to 7 times faster.
9. sleep less than 8 hours a day – beauty sleep is the time when your skin heals and regenerate. Sometimes it may not be possible to get the full 8 hours sleep especially with work and other commitments. But remember, there is a price to be paid for everything, sleep less, age faster and look older. Most of us may carry a sleep debt. Pay it back when you have the time by sleeping for 10 – 12 hours, or having an afternoon nap.
10. stress over little problems – don’t dwell over little issues – think BIG and think POSITIVE. Sickness, stress, anxiety and depression add to the aging of the skin.
After receiving the 10 beauty commandments from the beauty god, Mossee carried the tablets back down to the bottom of Mount Hollywood and guided her people in their journey to the promise land – the fountain of youth.
This is a fictional story for entertainment and educational purposes ONLY.
Related Beauty Articles