I hear some people say that organic shampoo and conditioning products don’t give the luster to hair that synthetic chemical products can. There is definitely some truth to that statement, but I will challenge that notion by stating that “you can achieve the same, if not better hair care results by using a suitable organic hair product for your hair type”. Below are some organic insider tips on how achieve the best results using an organic shampoo and conditioner.
1. Find the right organic brand and product for your hair type – Just because the shampoo you use is organic, it doesn’t mean that all organic shampoos are effective, all it guarantees is that it is chemical free. When you select your skin care products for your face, you look long and hard to find the products that works best to treat and enhance your skin type and condition. Hair is no different! In deciding on what organic shampoo and conditioner to use for your hair, you will first need to determine if your hair type is oily, brittle, dry, damaged, permed, dyed, split ends, normal etc….. before you can start looking for the right product suitable for treating your hair condition. Finding the right shampoo can be a long, difficult and ultimately expensive process. Once you have found the perfect product for your hair, you may then need to change again to keep up with your hair’s changing texture and condition. With age, different environmental, dying, colouring, bleaching and dieting factors, the texture of your hair will change through time and regular monitoring is necessary to determine if a change is shampoo type is needed.
2. When washing your hair, saturate it in water first – This goes without saying, but we don’t want hair that is just a bit wet, we want it covered in H2O.
3. Massage the organic shampoo thoroughly – Pump a small approximately 20 cent coin amount onto your hand and lather it into your hair working with your fingers. More may be needed if you have longer hair. With organic shampoos, you will not get the same foaming action compared with synthetic shampoos. This is a good sign, because it means the shampoo does not contain the harmful foaming agent SLS (which is considered to be the commonest cause of eye irritation from shampoos, and also has a drying effect on the skin and is linked to immune system damage and skin allergies). Instead, an organic shampoo will normally use coconut oil or yucca extracts as its natural foaming agents.
4. Leave the shampoo in your hair for 1 – 2 minutes after massage – Perhaps one of the most important tips when using an organic shampoo is to leave it in your hair for 1 – 2 minutes after massaging before rinsing out (Yes! Do this not just for conditioning but also shampooing). Organic shampoos are packed with organic botanical herbal ingredients that takes longer for your hair to absorb. People often complain that their hair lacks volume after using an organic shampoo. Either you haven’t found the right organic shampoo for your hair type, the brand or product you are using is poor quality, or you are not leaving the shampoo in your hair long enough before rinsing out.
5. Wash it a second time – Use the same organic shampoo wash your hair the second time and leave it in your hair again for about 1 minute before rinsing out. (Thoroughly rinse out all of the shampoo leaving not residues in your hair)
6. Follow with you favorite organic conditioner – Be generous with its application. Use as much as it is needed so that every strand of your hair can absorb the moisture and essential nutrients from the conditioner. Leave in your hair for between 1 – 2 minutes before rinsing out. (use a conditioner regarding of your hair type being oily or dry. If you have oily hair, select a organic conditioner made specifically for oily hair and scalp).
7. Special Treatment Products – For hair that is damaged and needs repairing, you may need to follow with an organic oil treatment product.
Taking up this organic hair cleansing procedure may take you an extra couple of minutes in the shower, but your hair will really benefit from the rich nutrients being absorbed in the process. As a result, using organic shampoo enables you to enjoy healthy, lustrous, beautifully shining silky hair whilst having the peace of mind of knowing that only natural ingredients have been used to achieve it.
For the great selection of organic shampoo, conditioner, treatment and styling range, visit Australia’s #1 organic hair care store – “Green Organics”.
Related Celebrity Articles